Two Weeks To Go...
I love buying things for my sisters even though I am possibly the lousiest giver. I spend 98.6% of the process thinking, browsing and changing my mind, and less than 1% of time on purchase and delivery (.4% stuck in line -- see 'patience' below). I want to believe today was different, however, because I bought things from Korea, things that my sisters have not ever seen and probably never will. That has to mean something, right? I found a Doraemon shirt for W2,900... I hope it pleases the nine year-old for whom it is intended. If nothing else, she will have someone to look ridiculous with, considering I have one too (in a bigger size, of course).
So I regularly read "Stuff Christians Like", a blog by Prodigl Jon. He posted a blog 2 days ago concerning pop-music remixes, and this one is quite worthy of sharing. A group from Community Christian Church (CCC) rewrote Justin Timberlake's hit 'Sexy Back' as 'Serving Back'. I tell you, it's a riot.
After replaying this video a few times, I decided I really wanted to join this quirky theatrical troupe. So I'm moving...to Illinois. Ok, not really, but I thought about it for a few seconds.
I am considering a job as an advisor/admin to a firm that mediates between Korea and USA. DREAM! At first the exec just wanted to pay me in 'experience' because I am a lowly college student. I said, "No thank you, that's impossible for me right now." Almost a month later, he contacted me again to tell me I would be payed. Haha. Patience is a virtue. Does anyone else find this phrase slightly ironic? According to its etymology the word virtue (Latin virtus) signifies manliness or courage. Patience = manliness? Huh. In the Greek it is more properly called ἠθικὴ ἀρετή (ēthikē aretē). It is "habitual excellence". It is something practiced at all times. That's right, time to practice waiting...
Seeing then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. Eph 5:15-17
So I regularly read "Stuff Christians Like", a blog by Prodigl Jon. He posted a blog 2 days ago concerning pop-music remixes, and this one is quite worthy of sharing. A group from Community Christian Church (CCC) rewrote Justin Timberlake's hit 'Sexy Back' as 'Serving Back'. I tell you, it's a riot.
After replaying this video a few times, I decided I really wanted to join this quirky theatrical troupe. So I'm moving...to Illinois. Ok, not really, but I thought about it for a few seconds.
I am considering a job as an advisor/admin to a firm that mediates between Korea and USA. DREAM! At first the exec just wanted to pay me in 'experience' because I am a lowly college student. I said, "No thank you, that's impossible for me right now." Almost a month later, he contacted me again to tell me I would be payed. Haha. Patience is a virtue. Does anyone else find this phrase slightly ironic? According to its etymology the word virtue (Latin virtus) signifies manliness or courage. Patience = manliness? Huh. In the Greek it is more properly called ἠθικὴ ἀρετή (ēthikē aretē). It is "habitual excellence". It is something practiced at all times. That's right, time to practice waiting...
Seeing then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. Eph 5:15-17
heyy itmeal[: cant wait to see you at camp! lovelovelove evelyn[fluffy]
ReplyDeletecant wait till your backk! lovlovelove evelyn[fluffy]
ReplyDelete