I close my eyes and watch the world unfold -- After 20 years, you’re still a mystery to me

Life moves at a rhythm I sometimes don't understand. Today I was pretty mad at a friend who claimed to want to spend time with me, but never calls and rarely has time when I initiate. The past few weeks were full of misunderstandings and frustration, but God is gracious and has allowed us to make peace with one another. By what amazing force is God compelled to show me this kind of patience, forgiveness? There is nothing outside his love which is good for me, nothing that holds value or merit or sustenance.
Philippians 3:7,8 "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ..."
Psalm 31:12-16 "I am forgotten by [my friends] as though I were dead; I have become like broken pottery. For I hear the slander of many; there is terror on every side; they conspire against me and plot to take my life. But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hands...Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love."

Comments

Popular Posts